CATEGORIES

Fiore del Moro Rosso di Toscana I.G.T.

Fiore del Moro interprets the terroir and blends, shared with “Moro di San Giovanni”, in a fresher and more youthful way. It has a softer approach for those who do not like to wait too long but refuse to compromise on quality.

Ready to enjoy now but also will continue to give great satisfaction with ageing.

Download the tech sheet here.

 

SKU: IM00002 Categories: , , , ,

Description

Fiore del Moro interprets the terroir and blends, shared with “Moro di San Giovanni”, in a fresher and more youthful way. It has a softer approach for those who do not like to wait too long but refuse to compromise on quality.

Ready to enjoy now but also will continue to give great satisfaction with ageing.

Specifications

VARIETALS
40% Cabernet Franc
40% Cabernet Sauvignon
20% Petit Verdot
AGEING
10-12 months in fine grained French oak barriques (20% new and remaining 80% second and third passage).  12 months in the bottle.
ALCOHOL CONTENT
13.5%
Tasting Notes

Intense color, garnet, clean nose, dominated by tertiary aromas, goudron, undergrowth, still has a strong blackberry aroma.

On the palate it shows a soft attack, a nice volume supported by a good acidity and a persistent final, characterized by good soft tannins.

The Producer

Il Moro’s vineyards are located in clayey-limestone soils on the top of hills with a gentle profile. Particularly windy in San Giovanni d’Asso in the Municipality of Montalcino and in Monticchiello in the Municipality of Pienza. Respectively at 300 and 500 meters above sea level.

The exposure of Monticchiello generates a warmer microclimate with greater excursions between day and night, particularly favourable to the cultivation of Petit Verdot.

In 2003 we planted the first vines: Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Petit Verdot, using rooted cuttings coming from Bordeaux. In 2004, on about a hectare of land, we planted more Petit Verdot in Monticchiello.

For several years, our oenologist has been Mauro Monicchi and today, as before, great attention is given to the cultivation of our vineyard and to every single step in the construction of a worthy wine.

On a terroir of great merits but difficult to tame, the vineyards are tended to with the utmost respect for the environment whilst continuing to innovate thanks to the expertise of our agronomist Laura Bernini.

More on their website.

Ratings and Awards

Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate  93- 2006